Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Getting into a routine

Let's start with the important stuff. Today my baby turned 5 months old. Holy cow where has the time gone? This actually makes me sad. For his birthday his Aunt Amanda gave him a sweet little girl cousin who is yet to be named. Congratulations Willey family, we are so happy for you and can't wait to meet the precious addition.
Today was less eventful and felt more like a vacation. Hooray! We decided on a daily schedule which goes as follows:
7:00am         Wake up
7:00-8:00am Walk along the beach
8:00am          Put Aiden to sleep (McKay gets ready for the day)
8:00-9:00am  Scripture study, daily planning, breakfast
9:00am         McKay starts work (I get ready for the day)
12:00-1:00pm Lunch
5:00pm         Stop working, start Aidens bedtime routine
6:00pm         Dinner
9:00pm         Get ready for bed
Now that schedule fluctuates by about half an hour depending on when Aiden wakes up in the morning and when we wakes up from his last nap. We're on Aiden time now. Speaking of the darling handsome Mr. Perfect, he has been having a rough time since we got here. He hasn't been sleeping well at all and has been crying a lot. This is the kid that NEVER cries, fusses, or complains. Maybe once a day, max! Thank goodness he's not sick, just way over-exhausted from over a week of packing, not having his crib, staying in multiple places, sitting in the back of the car all by his lonesome and then having to deal with this heat and running errands while not getting to sleep on his usual schedule. I don't know why AC isn't getting to his room but it's the hottest area of the whole condo so I had the ceiling fan and a plug in fan right on him. It kind of helped. Tonight I put his bed in our room which is nice and cold and he went to bed no problem. This gives me hope for the future that he wont be a fusspot forever and that he doesn't hate us for ruining his life.
Today McKay made a lot of progress on re-doing his websites. He's using a new software which I guess is pretty cool. It's so confusing to me, I watched him for a little bit and it seems so insanely hard and super boring. I'm sure it will be done by the end of the week and then I can share the website so you all can critique it. :) I'm not used to having McKay work from 9-5 and I'm trying to figure out if I like it or not.
Today I got to lay out on the patio while Aiden took a nap and I got a slight shade of coloring. I can't go down to the beach yet because of how much sleep Aiden needs to catch up on right now, maybe when he gets back on schedule.
I stuck my feet in the water on our walk this morning and the water is so warm! It has to be in the 80's. I can't wait until saturday when we get to enjoy our weekend! Contrary to what people think, we're not here to vacation, we're working a whole heck of a lot and McKay had to purposely set aside Saturday and Sunday for family fun time or it would never happen. He's a worker bee.
**Update on my blog from yesterday about the groceries here:
I wanted a bowl of cereal so I opened the box and pulled out one of the bags, BIG gash right down the side of the bag. Ok, not eating that one. Trash. So I wound up creating a breakfast sausage sandwich, we don't have eggs yet. Then for lunch McKay makes Mac n Cheese. The cheese is brown, it expired over a year ago. So we eat some crackers which I notice expire next month. It's gotten to the point where it's just so funny and we laugh about it. I sure hope I don't get sick eating all this food that's on the verge of going bad. So far I feel fine so we shall see.
See those hills in the sunset under those little clouds? That's Baja and behind that is San Diego. Hello home! I can't wait for McKay to get a plane (I know he said a long time ago he would never get another one but times have changed) and then we can be here in 1 hour instead of 7. Yikes! That would be awesome. They don't have a major airport here but they do have a good long runway so it would be perfect! McKay want's to see it on saturday and get all the info needed to land there so hopefully I can get some more fun pictures!
That's all for now! like I said, not very eventful but overall it was a nice day

2 comments:

  1. Yay! So happy to see an update on what you're up to! I can't wait to hear how things unfold! Just so you know, if you ever need to visit for say, a grocery shopping spree, you can always crash with us. We may not have peace and quiet but we have TONS of little boy toys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Emily, that's sweet of you to offer. We'll be back in a couple weeks, right after conference so I'll see you that following sunday :)

    ReplyDelete