Sunday, September 23, 2012

My scary night

This weekend Dallin and Ralph came down. Ralph (Dallin's dad) is the head of the HOA of the resort we're at and had a couple meetings. Dallin came down as well to go to meetings with McKay on Saturday. They had one at 11am with one resort, a meeting at 3:30pm with another resort and a dinner meeting at 6:00pm with our Sales Rep. McKay, Dallin, Ralph and Eduardo went to dinner and I decided to stay home because Aiden was already asleep for the night and his sleep schedule is very important to me. A couple minutes after they left the door opened. I looked just as the people were closing the door. I figured maybe it was the boys that forgot something and then decided they didn't need it. Weird. But then I got a little scared that I was home alone with my baby and no way to reach McKay to see if that was him that opened the door or to tell him that someone somehow entered the condo. I went and locked the deadbolt, put my rape whistle and pepper spray around my neck, and picked out the biggest sharpest knife I could find and laid back down on the couch with one eye on the tv and one eye on the door. I was now ready in case anyone tried to harm my precious little baby. It didn't help much that Man On Fire was on TV. It's a movie about kidnappings in Mexico. Yeah, a little scared at this point but totally keeping it together. It's amazing how once you have children you no longer fear for yourself, it's all about protecting your baby and your mama-bear adrenaline comes out and you say 'bring it on'. The boys finally came home, on time thank goodness! I let them in with knife still in hand. Hey, you never know! McKay wasn't happy when I told him someone had access to the condo. I could tell he was already making a Plan B. After brainstorming and talking to the boys we realized it was a realtor wanting to show the condo and heard the TV so quickly closed the door. Oh, thank goodness! We said our prayers and thanked God that we were all safe and got a feeling that nothing bad would happen to us while we're down here. I now feel much better but I still plan on doing my part to stay safe.
The mobile website is now up and running and I am so proud of my husband for building it. He is so smart and talented and continues to impress me every day. The meetings they had we're a big success and we're set to launch the tv channel on saturday in the 2 biggest resorts in Rocky Point. This week McKay will be buttoning up odds and ends, getting T-shirts made, and training Eduardo properly on his job duties. I'll do another blog on Eduardo, he has the most amazing story I've ever heard.


Funny story, we found out that Aiden is claustrophobic. He has been grumpy the last couple days and cries at every nap time. Talk about stressful. I've been so spoiled with such a perfect baby that never cried, stuck to a schedule, put himself to bed when put in his crib, and woke up cooing. Now I have no clue what is going on. At first I think his room is to hot for him and don't know how to make it cooler. There is a AC/Heat control for the main living space, a separate one for the first master and a separate control for the second master but no control for the third bedroom, Aidens room. We move the pack and play to our room where it's cooler but still no change. He just spins in circles and fusses. Finally we put him on our bed and he falls asleep just fine. We go back and forth between the two and it turns out that he hates the pack and play. We feel that he must be claustrophobic, it just makes the most sense. On top of that he has been waking up THREE times for night feedings, that's two more than normal. Rice cereal and oatmeal do nothing for helping him sleep longer. So now we're trying to figure out if he's dehydrated from the heat or if this is a growth spurt. Having a baby with us has definitely made this a much bigger challenge then it would have been if it was just the two of us. The not sleeping and constant eating and crying has been rough but the last two days have been better so it gives me hope that maybe he just needs time to adapt. McKay gave Aiden his first fathers blessing a couple days ago because we had no clue what else to do for him and it seems to have helped. I constantly worry that we ruined a perfect child by ripping him from his comfy home and schedule. Every day I wish we never left and that Aiden never had to go through this change but then I feel like this is what we're supposed to be doing and that Aiden will be just fine.
McKay has been very supportive of me supporting him and has made an effort to do something special for me every day. On saturday in between his meetings he basically had to force me to go down to the beach to have "me time" while he watched Aiden. He also watched me from the balcony to help me feel safe :) It was a much needed break.
On another positive note, we have eggs!! Sweet Melissa went grocery shopping and got us some eggs for Dallin to bring down. Those and other little (unexpired) gems we've found should last us until we leave for Utah early next month.
Our travel schedule goes as follows:
Thurs Oct 4th- Leave Mexico for Arizona
Fri Oct 5th- Fly to Utah for conference and to visit family
Mon Oct 8th- Fly to California
Sun Oct 14th- Fly to Arizona
Mon Oct 15th- Drive back down to Mexico
I will do my best to see everyone in Utah and California but my number one priority is making sure Aiden is getting enough sleep so if I need to stay home all day, I will. Sorry I'm not a cool modern mom that totes my baby everywhere I go. He just doesn't sleep when we're out of the house and I can't have him sleep deprived like he was last week. Hopefully I can still get out and see my buddies!

No comments:

Post a Comment